top of page

Group

Public·13 members
Ryan Harris
Ryan Harris

Subtitle It Could Happen To You

Reformats update a caption or subtitle file when a video has been changed or edited in some way that makes it different from the original video. Captions and subtitles need to match the video they are being paired to, and if the video is different from the one that the caption/subtitle file originated from, the captions/subtitles are going to be incorrect.

subtitle It Could Happen to You

Outdated caption/subtitle files that are eligible for reformatting can range from very minor and barely noticeable changes to egregious misalignments in dialogue and/or timing. In rare cases, a reformat may not be necessary, but this is only if the caption/subtitle file is not affected by the video changes.

Reformatting is necessary when there are changes made to the content of a video. While it primarily affects broadcast and streaming captions/subtitles on television and OTT streaming platforms, reformats are suggested and often necessary to have accurate captions and subtitles on any updated video.

A caption or subtitle file with significant changes to timing, transcription, or format should be handed off to professional captioners with experience in reformatting to ensure fully updated, compliant files.

Reformats are completed by professional captioners who edit the caption or subtitle file alongside the updated video content until both are in sync and the content between the video and the caption/subtitle file match. Reformats are usually done within professional captioning software due to its ability to import a variety of file types and videos, allowing captioners to make the most efficient edits as possible.

The time it takes to reformat a file varies based on the changes required, but on average, most customers can expect a reformat to be completed in approximately half the time it takes to originate a caption or subtitle file. The larger or more numerous the changes are, the longer the reformatting process can take.

"@context": " ", "@type": "FAQPage", "mainEntity": [ "@type": "Question", "name": "What does auto generated captions mean on TikTok?", "acceptedAnswer": "@type": "Answer", "text": "Auto generated captions on TikTok are subtitles that are transcribed from audio and displayed on your video." , "@type": "Question", "name": "How do I turn on auto subtitles on TikTok?", "acceptedAnswer": "@type": "Answer", "text": "To turn on the auto caption feature on TikTok, head to your Settings and privacy and tap the Accessibility tab. Toggle the Always show auto-generated captions to on." , "@type": "Question", "name": "When should you use subtitles on your videos?", "acceptedAnswer": "@type": "Answer", "text": "Short answer? Always. But if you want to narrow it down to get started, here are a few video formats that include a lot of talking and would benefit from auto captions: tutorial or how-to videos, Q&As and interview-style videos, a day in the life videos, and explainer videos." , "@type": "Question", "name": "How do you fix auto captions on TikTok?", "acceptedAnswer": "@type": "Answer", "text": "Creators can fix the auto-generated captions on TikTok during the creation process. After your caption is automatically generated, tap the pencil icon to edit." , "@type": "Question", "name": "How do I turn off captions on TikTok?", "acceptedAnswer": "@type": "Answer", "text": "Under Settings and privacy, tap the Accessibility tab and switch Always show auto-generated captions to off. You can also turn off subtitles on individual videos by tapping the closed captions and clicking hide captions." ]

Am I able to modify any video metadata after Tweeting? Modifications to geo-restrictions and subtitles settings will be applied to all Tweets in which the media is shared on Twitter, even retroactively. However, title, description, category, call-to-action, and embedding settings cannot be changed for an existing Tweet -- any changes made to these settings will be reflected in any new Tweets created with that media.

Error: 'Error refreshing media' This can happen if too many changes are made to metadata too quickly, causing Media Studio to have issues saving all of the changes at once. Refresh your browser window and attempt to make the changes again.

Can I bulk share to multiple handles at once? The sharing functionality happens via a typeahead function, this means that you can only enter one username at a time. There is no way to automatically share media across multiple usernames or copy/paste a bulk action.

Changing the subtitle preferences on your Roku might not affect the Paramount+ settings on other devices. That is, you might need to tweak the settings again when accessing the platform via a mobile app or web client.

To turn the subtitles on or off, select Closed caption, and choose the desired option from the drop-down menu. You can now exit and launch Paramount+ and make the changes there. If you prefer to keep the subtitles off, the action should apply to the app as well.

Oli and I pulled together a lot of evidence, especially from Dr Brij Kothari who had been leading the charge for the use of Same Language Subtitling (SLS) on mainstream TV. He runs Planet Read and he really got me hooked on this. A lot of this evidence was from quite dense academic papers, so we tried to synthesise it all down so we could give broadcasters something simple to read.

I'm watching "Man In The High Castle" on Prime.Sometimes everything is fine. Japanese dialog or text brings up the English translation in a subtitle box, and the same where there is German dialog or text, the English subtitles appear as they should.During random episodes, when there are words on the screen, German subtitles will appear translating.And then when there is Japanese dialog the translations come up in German subtitles.And the of course when there is German dialog in the show, no subtitles appear at all.Two weeks ago when I was watching "Upload" this would happen whenever there was any kind of text or signage on the screen, a German translation subtitle would appear.I have gone through all the subtitle settings on both the Roku Ultra unit, as well in my Amazon Prime subtitle settings. Nothing is set to German anywhere.When this German subtitle thing does happen, I've discovered that if I pause the show, switch on the CC for a moment, and then switch the CC off again, the German issue goes away and everything works as it should.At this point, nothing I've watched on Netflix has caused this to happen.I've asked on the Amazon community boards and they say try here.

It still happens in random episodes of any show on Prime.The only way that I've found to stop it, is at the start of an episode is to pause, go to subtitles and turn "OFF". Even though they are off.???I had to do it with a couple of episodes of "The Boys" last night.

The same thing happened to me. I believe the way to fix it is press the pause button while watching a video. Using the arrow keys navigate to navigate up word twice and then move over to subtitles. Move over to where it says languages and that's where it was selected to Danish for me. Change it to be English and I think that may take care of your problem.

Since so many Roku owners are having this issue, and it only occurs when streaming Amazon on our Roku device, not any other streaming device, perhaps Roku support could contact Amazon support to get the solution instead of putting the Roku owners through the **bleep** that is Amazon support.

None of the suggestions above work for me. I paused the video, scrolled up to the settings, and checked my subtitles language. English was selected, but German was still displaying. I noticed that just above my choice of English was German, so the language above my choice was actually selected. I figured what happens if I choose the language BELOW my choice, which is Spanish? Well, I selected it and what do you know? The foreign language audio in my show was displaying English subtitles.

Thanks to our amazing tools, identifying which assertion resulted in the failureis trivial. I didn't even tell you what I broke, but I'll bet you'd know whereto look if this happened to you! And you can avoid the issues described above.If you'd like to make things even more clear, you can add a code comment abovethe assertion to explain what is important about the assertion you're making.

Any other time, you should be covered by React Testing Library. If you're stillexperiencing the act warning, then the most likely reason is something ishappening after your test completes for which you should be waiting.

This is actually not all that bad. I would recommend this if there are noobservable changes to the DOM. I had a situation like this in a UI I built whereI had implemented an optimistic update (meaning the DOM update happened beforethe request finished) and therefore had no way to wait for/assert on changes inthe DOM.

This only really works if the mock you've created resolves immediately, which ismost likely (especially if you're using mockResolvedValueOnce). Here you don'thave to use act directly, but this test is basically just ignoring everythingthat happened during that waiting time which is why I don't really recommendthis.

So I tested this with 2 srt subtitles I have. There is an issue where they start okay but then after 30 seconds the subtitles become more and more delayed. It could be that it seems that the mlt file that is created defaults to 1080p 30fps and the srt files I had were timed to videos that were 23.98fps. You might have to have a screen that appears when the srt is chosen that lets the user set the screen resolution and fps to match the video.

The subtitler works pretty well.Changed the font size, used SP to position the subs.The only issue I found is that if one wants to subtitle an entire movie it might take all night to generate the mlt.I started a subtitle generating process for a 1 hr 23 min movie 5 minutes ago. Will report the end time.Took about 18 minutes +/-. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page